What are the results: The Eden Project is an original organisation; a personal enterprise, an educational charity, a tourism destination, an exemplar of regeneration. This program sets Eden in the Cornish context and explores the project’s aspiration is a sustainable organisation, launching the thought of the Triple Bottom Line and our work as a social enterprise. The session provides practical instances and real world contexts to surface your students’ mastering.
This classroom-based program links highly with Geography and Tourism an even syllabuses. We enable the students to inquire of concerns and develop a running dialogue with us through the entire interative program. After this there is certainly an optional task linked to the content the pupils can complete across web site.
Location: This happens in a workshop area inside our purpose-built education center, with a recommended follow-up task over the Eden web site.
Skills and curriculum backlinks
This workshop makes it possible for pupils to:
- research the Eden Project for example of a renewable visitor destination including positive and negative impacts in the neighborhood economy, environment and community
- learn how the Eden venture is operate as a renewable business and social enterprise studying the personal, financial and environmental influence regarding the project on its partners and environments
- gain an understanding of Eden’s altruistic work and cooperation with local communities
We have designed the workshop to fit here Geography and Tourism A level syllabuses:
- Edexcel used Travel and Tourism product 7: accountable tourism, 7.1, 7.3, 7.5
- OCR Geography 3.2 AS Unit F762: Managing change in Human Environments
- OCR Applied Tourism 3.12 A2 Device G731: Ecotourism
Additionally provides material aimed extending students thinking beyond the specs.
The workshop costs £10.40 per pupil, with a minimum charge of £110 per team (includes VAT). The team size is versatile. The price includes:
- a facilitated 1-hour session with this knowledge Team plus research material to remove
- task for this taught session to stimulate students’ thinking whenever they’re on trips on site (optional)
- no-cost usage of the complete Eden site during the day
- if required, a base for your bags in our purpose-built knowledge centre, The Core
- no-cost entry for accompanying grownups (1 no-cost adult to each and every 15 students)