Boscastle Harbour from the high cliffs
Boscastle is a small fishing town situated on the North Cornish coast, only north of Tintagel. Boscastle is amongst the few sheltered inlets on North Cornish coast and so a likely landing point for tin dealers of ancient times, possibly dating back Phoenician traders in 2000 BC. The lake additionally offered energy for several mills which date straight back at the very least so far as the twelfth Century. Much more recent times, plus being a fishing harbour, Boscastle ended up being a small interface (much like the other individuals in the north coastline of Cornwall) importing garbage including limestone and coal, and exporting record along with other neighborhood produce. In Victorian times, up to 200 vessels arrived annually, mainly from Bristol and South Wales.
In 1302 title had been taped as Boterelescastel which designed "palace of the Botterels". It's possible this became shortened to bos because this was the Cornish word for dwelling ("bos-castel" would have been grasped by Cornish speakers as "village aided by the palace" once the term kastell additionally existed in Cornish).